crisp

I slept with the windows open last night and woke up this morning to a pleasantly crisp Lovely Apartment.

Fresh autumnal air made a delightful environment for yoga and breakfast. I drink tea all year long, of course, but it tastes best this time of year.

Sitting here in a summer nightgown--sleeveless, knee length--I have goosebumps on my arms, and my feet are chilly, and I am happy.

It occurs to me that I could have kept the apartment this temperature all summer. But, even setting aside any environmental concerns about air conditioning, it would not have been the same.

Seventy degrees of gently breezy fresh air is not the same as seventy degrees of forcefully propelled conditioned air, just like seventy degrees in early spring feels not the same as seventy degrees in late summer.

Happy first harbinger of fall.

Comments

Popular Posts