Lest you forget the adventuresome nature of this year's celebration, here's a list of things to do next December.
1. Thaw the ham before the day.
2. Check to see if said ham is cooked. If no, check the cooking time of uncooked hams.
3. Trust but verify with the propane company. "You are scheduled to be filled." does not mean "We will definitely get to you before before we go home and enjoy the bubbly."
4. Posting wish lists online doesn't work for mother in law. Make sure she has access to them even if it means printing them out and mailing them with a stamp.
5. Dark chocolate, figs, anise, salt, and pepper make great bark.
6. One batch of sugar cookies may not look like much, but it is indeed sufficient. Congrats on your baking restraint.