Reading Walden Pond

Read Write Poem's NaPoWriMo #2 Acronym Switcheroo

Reading Walden Pond

When I slip into the pages
of Henry David's Walden,
I dip into the self-same
stream Thoreau went a-fishing in.

Reading, remembering, relearning-
sitting at the feet
of the master reflecter
I am connected.

This prompt was harder to write to. Nothing in the list sang for me, then I read Rob's take on RWP in Remembering Willow Pond, and Walden popped into my head. Not every poem-in-a-day will be a gem, but this may grow into something better with time.

Comments

  1. yes, i totally agree... it is sometimes hard to write everyday but i know im a better for it... i like the walden pond poem happy day 2!!1 monster moves

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you used a repetition of sound in this poem. Wasn't it fun to see all the different acronyms that came up with RWP? Thanks for stopping by Amputated Moon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts