Read Write Poem's NaPoWriMo Challenge #1 Shuffle Poem

We Two

Always one step beyond,
you ground me
keeping me from
blowing in the wind.

Always patient,
you put up with
my waffling
in my decisions.

Some days,
I'm such a stewball,
but where there is tolerance
there is love.


Using the Refresh button in my iTunes DJ, I came up with these five songs:
Tolerance by Michael Franti; There is Love, Blowin' in the Wind, and Stewball, by Peter, Paul, and Mary; One Step Beyond by Karsh Kale.
(The collected works of PPM album really stacked the deck in their favor!)

Comments

  1. I like that last line about tolerance and love. Nice. Good luck with the rest of NaPoWriMo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Evelyn! That was the combination of song titles that convinced me this was going to work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gentle poem from a tricky prompt =)
    Good luck for April
    Cheers
    Janet

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts