Living in Brazil: Accomodations, Part 2

Hi, gals, here's the next installment.
This covered walkway connects the Men's Dorm to the Guest Housing. It doesn't look like much, but it keeps the evening rain and the noontime sun off.

This is the entrance to the wing where I am living. There is no sill on the door, and most of the time it just stands open like this. When they wash the floor they pour soapy water all over the place and then squeegee it out the door. It looks like fun. I don't think it would work at home, though. My room is down the hall: second door on the right.

This is the first thing I see when I walk into my room. Those windows look out on the big tree from the previous post.

Can you imagine me with all those empty shelves? Where are all my books?

Isn't this a funky painting? I like it a lot. I think the orange bit looks like a tiger-skin rug, and the green lady is dancing on top of it. Then, there's the stripety snake. What do you see? (Click on the picture to make it bigger.)

Comments

Popular Posts