Living in Brazil: Accomodations, Part 1

This post is to my children who are wondering about where I am staying.


It's summer here in beautiful Brazil, and I'm on the campus of UNASP, the Seventh-day Adventist University in the state of Sao Paulo. We are about 2 hours inland from the city of Sao Paulo. Above is a a view of the part of campus where I am staying this month. You can see the Men's Dorm on the left and the Guest Wing on the right.

This drain gutter outside the Men's Dorm is the home of a family of cats, a mom and 4 kittens. They are scrawny, but scrappy.
This is the main part of the Men's Dorm.
I'm amazed at the possibilities for architecture when your most extreme weather is evening thunderstorms on a hot day. This is the main entrance to the Men's Dorm. The sliding glass doors open wide enough to allow a car to drive through. Mostly, they remain open to allow students to walk into and through the building. The deep porch is a place to meet and get out of the afternoon sun.
This tree stands in front of the main entrance in the last picture. Beyond the tree, you can see the wing where my room is.

Well, I've reached the size limit for pictures on this post, so more in the next one.

Comments

Popular Posts