symbiosis

I've noticed that housework, teacher work, and writing have a symbiotic relationship with one another in my life. In turn, I use them to procrastinate from each other. Like right now, I should be grading finals and entering grades, but I've just finished cleaning the kitchen and now I'm writing this. I suppose it's okay as long as everything still gets done in a timely manner.

I've also noticed that there is a limit to my multitasking abilities. For example, I can't bake bread, do laundry, and do prep work in the same space of time. One thing gets lost in the mix. I have to choose two activities between which to toggle my attention. Bread baking and laundry serve well as the alternate activity for something more intensive since they are made up of a series of off-again, on-again tasks.

Comments

Popular Posts