The New Girl

I hate being the new girl, not knowing the lay of the land in the group, not seeing familiar faces. One of the things that bothered me about living in Michgan is that, even after 10 years here full time, I always feel this way: at church, at La Leche League, with my husband's friends. I have always felt welcome, but I also always feel new.

Recently, we hosted the monthly meeting of a sustainable food group we joined in February, and there were two families there who were newer than me. This week I stopped downtown and ran into four people I know. I'm not the new girl! Finally!

But next week, I start all over again. In a new city and a new school, back to being the new girl. *sigh* At least Adam will be in the same boat. Remind me again why I'm doing this?

Comments

Popular Posts